Dr. N. Sozhan
|B.Tech(Mech)., M.Tech(Energy Tech.)., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.B.A., M.I.S.T.E., Ph.D|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone : 08842321630, 9443165961, 8985578494
B.tech(mechanical), M.tech(energy technology), P.G.D.C.A, P.G.D.B.A, PhD(energy).
- Lecturer / Mech in PIPMATE Institution at karaikal polytechnic college-1996 to 2001.
- Lecturer /Mech in PIPMATE Institution at karaikal polytechnic college-2001-2006.
- HOD/Mech in PIPMATE Institution at karaikal polytechnic college-2006 to 2011.
- Principal incharge at women’s polytechnic college karaikal- jan 2011 to 30.5.2011.
- Principal incharge at NDTC, Karaikal- 31.5.2011 to 23.2. 2014. Principal incharge at Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Polytechnic college, yanam-14.2.2014 to 3.3.2016.
- Principal at Dr.B.R.Ambedkar polytechnic college,yanam-from 4.3.2016 to till date.
- Sozhan, N., Senthilvelan, T., Kaliyappan,T., and Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E.,“Experimental Investigation on a 0.25 m2 Solar Gel Pond”, IJIRSET Journal,vol.2,Issue 8, pp. 3384 – 3397, August 2013.
- Sozhan, N., Senthilvelan, T., Kaliyappan,T., and Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E., Sivapirakasam S.P. “Experimental Investigations on a 1 m2 Solar Gel Pond”, Applied Mechanics and Materials,Trans Tech Publication, Vols. 592-594, pp 2360-2364, 2014.
- Sozhan, N., Senthilvelan, T., Kaliyappan,T.,Vijayakrishna Rapaka., and Selvaraju, A.,“Parametric Optimization of Storage temperature in a 1 m2 Solar Gel Pond using Response Surface Methodology” Applied Energy, Elsevier Journal .
- Publication of International Journals – 03, International conferences – 05, National Conferences –04
- Joined as a Lecturer /Mech. Engg., Karaikal Polytechnic College, Karaikal , 1996.
- Sozhan, N., Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E.,and Gunasegarane, S.,“ Solar Pond for Energy Conservation in a Diary Industry located at Pondicherry region ” FTEC 2003 4th International Conference on Fluid and Thermal Energy Conversion, Bali Islands, Thailand, Dec.7-11, 2003.
- Sozhan, N.,and Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E.,“ Thermal studies on a Salt Gradient Solar Pond for a possible application in the Diary Industry at Pondicherry region, India – Case study”, First International Conference on Renewable Energy, New Delhi, India, Oct. 6 - 8, 2004.
- Sozhan, N., Senthilvelan, T., Rajagopan, S., Kaliyappan T., Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E.,“Experimental Studies on Model Solar Gel Ponds in Puducherry region” 15th ISME International Conference on New Horizons of Mechanical Engineering, Rajiv Gandhi Technological University, pp.17-22, March 18-20, 2008.
- Sozhan, N., Senthilvelan, T., Kaliyappan,T., and Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E.,“Parametric Optimization of Storage temperature in a 1 m2 Solar Gel Pond using Response Surface Methodology” International Conference on Advances in Engineering, Technology and Science 2014,pp. 65-70, April 26-27th,Kerela, India,2014.
- Sozhan, N., Senthivelan, T., Kaliyappan,T., and Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E.,“Experimental Investigations on a 1 m2 Solar Gel Pond”, International Conference IIT Roorkee,India, 2014.
- Sozhan, N., and Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E., “Thermal studies and Experimental Investigations on a 0.25 m2 Solar Gel Pond”, All India Seminar/Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India, Aug. 20 - 21,2004.
- Sozhan, N., Kaliyappan, T., Rajagopan, S.and Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E.,“Theoretical and Experimental Investigations on a 0.25 m2 Solar Gel Pond”, National Conference on Ocean Engineering, Goa, India, Dec. 7 -9, 2004.
- Sozhan, N., Senthilvelan, T., Rajagopan, S., Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E., and Kaliyappan, T., “ Fabrication and Experimental Investigations On a 0.25 m2 Solar Gel Pond”, National Conference & Exhibition on Demand Side Management Options for Energy Sustainability (DSMES ’07), Department of EEE, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry, India, pp. 30-34, 25th October 2007.
- Sozhan, N., Senthilvelan, T., Rajagopan, S., Vijayakrishna Rapaka, E., and Kaliyappan, T.,“Operational Experiences on Model Solar Gel Ponds in Puducherry Region” National Conference on Energy Efficiency: The Environmental Solution (EEES07), Centre for Energy &Environmental Science and Technology (CEESAT), National Institute of Technology,Tiruchirapalli, India,pp. 48-53, 27-28 December 2007.
- Senior Lecturer, 2001.
- Head of the Department , 2006.
- Principal In charge, Women's Polytechnic College , Karaikal, Jan-2011 to Jan-2014.
- Principal In charge, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Polytechnic College, Yanam, Feb – 2014 to Feb – 2016.
- Principal BRAPTC,Yanam March-2016 to till date.
Appointed as Rotaract co-ordinator, Karaikal
- Returning Officer , Yanam - General Elections 2016 .
- Regional Administrator In Charge, Yanam. – Three times – 2016.
- Chief Examiner for RIT, Govt., Exams
- Flying Squad for State Board Exam, and Navodaya, Yanam
Guided MBA Candidate karaikal
The existing branch of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi for a period of three academic years ie., 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21 (upto 30.06.2021).First institution to obtained NBA accreditation among other Polytechnic colleges in Puducherry state.
- This college was awarded for “ Best College ” for 2017 by the Academic Administrative Audit (AAA), constituted by higher and Technical Education Puducherry in Yanam region and among other Polytechnic colleges in Puducherry state.
- Two students namely Mr. K. Sreeram and P. Kishore Kumar from III year Diploma in ECE branch won First place in “A national Level Technical Symposium POLYMECT 2018 ”duly organized by PSG Polytechnic College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu in February 2018 including students from nearly 600 Polytechnic colleges participated and the same students also won Second place in “A national Level Technical Symposium on Embedded system ” organized by Kongu Polytechnic college”, Perundurai, Erode District, Tamil Nadu state level during the month of January, 2018 with a cash prize @ Rs.2,500/- each and meritorious certificates.
- For the last 07 semesters, some of the students of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Polytechnic College, has stood first place in semester college toppers and over all diploma toppers in Yanam region and among the other Polytechnic colleges in U.T. of Puducherry.
- As many as 22 nos. of diploma passed out students of this Institution were selected by M/s Whirlpool India Pvt. Ltd., Puducherry branch under campus selection for recruitment as trainee in the above unit and M/s Synra software company Chennai in the month of June and August 2018.
- The Department of Agriculture, Yanam has announced First prize for best maintenance of Garden by this college on account of 19th Flower show and 16th Yanam Festival during the period from 6th to 8th of Jaunary, 2018 (organized by Agriculture and Tourism Departments, Govt. of Puducherry) received from Thiru Malladi Krishna Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Health and Tourism, Puducherry.